Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 38: The fruits of our efforts

Weeks fly by when you're having fun! This week we really started to see the fruits of our efforts in contacting. We found some great people to teach and we're hoping that we'll end this cycle with some baptisms! Every day when we get home and finish planning we crash in bed, but it feels so wonderful to return home without a single regret in the day. 

As I mentioned last week, the dreaded bed bugs have returned. They haven't infested to the extent that they had in my last area, but still annoying. I think that we'll be able to handle them, but for all the red itchy spots on my legs I'll just have to endure that until they fade away. 

Every day this week we seem to see or experience something very unique or different. Just little things, but things that don't happen every day. While we were walking down the street one day a bird flew into a window right in front of us and fell to the ground. 5 seconds had not passed before dogs came running from every direction. Another day we saw about 15 drunks passed out on the sidewalks, I don't know what the big event was, but they looked like they had quite a fun night *insert sarcasm*. Among other things that I'll save for the stories to tell in person after I return :) Don't worry, nothing dangerous, just things that I want to tell in person :)

My mind is all kind of a blur right now, I don't really know what to write. A lot has happened, but I don't know what I should write. 

My spiritual moment this week (there are many, but here's one) We were walking down a street that we have never walked down on our way to an appointment. When I felt like I should contact an older man standing outside on the sidewalk in front of his house. I pulled out a card of Christ and did the normal spiel, he listened intently and excepted a visit. Normally we put an appointment for another day to return, but I felt the need to ask if we could visit in 30 minutes. We had an appointment right then and they never are only 30 minutes with investigators. But we put the appointment and then heading on our way to our next investigator. Turns out she wasn't there, so we ran back and were able to teach the restoration. He's super humble and probably one of the most prepared people to hear the gospel that I've taught in my mission! He accepted the baptism challenge and is excited to start coming to church this next Sunday! It's such a privilege to be able to teach people like that in the mission! 

I really am enjoying my mission so much right now! It's hard work and all, but I'm super happy! Thank you for all of you emails! They really are super fun to read! Until next week! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Twede

Reading emails from home.

Father and son!

¨Is it any coincidence that the Oxford Dictionary recently proclaimed “selfie” as the word of the year?¨  
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf 

My shoes that I finally took in to get new soles. About time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment