Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 12: Perfect situations to act in faith

Well it's official, I'm no longer a trainee! Twelve weeks in Mexico and now it's off into the big world without my trainer. Well, that's not exactly true. Elder West goes home on the 19th, and he'll be staying with me and my new companion until then :) So I still have another week with my dad! But for my brother Elder Huefner, He'll be on the opposite end of the mission, about as far away as he could get from me because I'm on the furthest corner on the other side of the mission.

I can already tell that it's getting harder to write my emails in English, not that I'm always thinking in Spanish, but I do think in Spanish for a lot of the little words. Don't be surprised if in the not to far future I start throwing in Spanish words without noticing. But that shouldn't really be a problem for you, you always have google to translate for you ;)

Yesterday we had another opportunity to go to the temple again with our ward! We took an investigator and after walking around the visitors center we watched the Christmas devotional in a stake center next door. I'll admit I didn't really understand anything in the devotional except for the hymns because it was in spanish. But it was really cool to be there with an investigator. Walking around the temple grounds with all of the Christmas lights really hit me that it's so close to Christmas. Up until now I haven't really noticed, but it made me think of temple square and how beautiful Utah looks during this time of year. The temple grounds here were really beautiful, but Utah is just.. Utah. I never realized how beautiful it was back home until I left it.

some things that make me really excited for the transfers are that I won't be in a quad companionship anymore! Try planning for two companionship at the end of every day... It gets really hard. The other day Elder Olivos and I went to the wrong lesson and ended up running into Elder Huefner and Elder West teaching there. It just gets super confusing. The other thing is that I'll probably get your packages when we go in to get our new companion! The transfers got pushed back onto Wednesday, so I won't get them until then, but I'm super excited!

This week I've been studying a lot about my purpose as a missionary and it has really hit me in how big of an honor it is to be here called as a missionary! I've never felt the spirit so much in my life, and never before have I felt like I've been in a better position to recieve so many blessings. I look at so many other missionaries that don't seem to have realized what kind of potential they have as missionaries, just read the scriptures and it's very clear that as long as we're obedient there are countless blessings in store for us! As in 3 Nefi 24:10 it says "if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it." When we are obedient we bind the Lord into giving us these blessings as it says in D&C 82:10 "I, the Lord, am abound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise". Every day I feel like I come to understand the power in that promise more and more! 

Another huge thing that has been on my mind this seek is that whenever I use my inabilities as excuses, I am denying the very power of God in my life. If I say that I'm incapable of learning Spanish and what not, I'm also showing my doubt in Gods power. It's hard to put our trust fully into what we cannot see, but we are asked to act in faith. "I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." SO kind of tying it all back together into that last though I had about the blessings that we can recieve. In order to recieve those blessings we must act in faith with a perfect hope in God and his promise. For "hope cometh of faith". I must say that the mission gives the perfect situations to act in faith every day, and when I do, I most definitly recieve the blessings.  

Again thank you all for your love and support! I hope that you're all having a wonderful Christmas season! As for here, it's pretty hot and dry, so no snow this Christmas. But you guys don't have palm trees ;) so I guess it's fair ;)
Love you all!

Love Elder Twede

No comments:

Post a Comment